Three new iPad data plans are now available from DiGi. These Internet data plans are suitable for the 1st generation iPad and iPad2.
In a statement to the media, Praveen Rajan, DiGi’s head of Mobile Internet & Advanced Data Services said “Malaysians are becoming more attuned to a mobile lifestyle and iPad is fast becoming a favorite device in their daily lives,”. Praveen added “Through DiGi, customers have the flexibility to enjoy affordable Internet access from our three data plans – Lite, Basic and Pro.”
The iPad Lite Plan cost RM30 per month with a data allowance of only 500MB. Customers who exceed this limit will have to pay 5sen/MB up to maximum of RM90.
The iPad Basic comes with a 2GB monthly data quota while the iPad Pro plan has a 6GB monthly data quota. Additional data usage exceeding the given monthly quota will not be charged however DiGi said that speed will be throttled to 128Kbps.
Other details to note:
- Likely average speed 700kbps/200kbps (download/upload)
- Upon exceeeding quota (or reaching capped charges for iPad Lite), speed will be throttled at 128kbps
- Advance payment of RM50 (non-refundable) required (Malaysian & Foreigners)
- RM100 deposit required for foreigners
- RM5 monthly rebate for Autobilling
- Pricing above is exclusive of physical bill (RM2 per month)
- Please check area of coverage before signing up
- Info on current usage can be checked in OCS or myInternet.com.my
- Standard DiGi Internet T&C and Fair Usage Policy applies