Microsoft appears to have released an update for Window Phone that includes bug fixes and improvements. For the moment, it is only available for LG Optimus 7 on Vodafone network according to reports.
The latest update is currently at version 7.10.8107.79. Change log below:
- It solves a problem of the keyboard on the screen, preventing the keyboard to disappear while typing
- Resolves an issue with syncing Gmail
- It solves a problem of access to the location. After the upgrade, the function IO hub sends to Microsoft anonymous information contact the Wi-Fi access points and antennas for mobile phones in the vicinity, only if you have allowed access to and use of location information from part of the “I’m here.”
- Revocation of certificates issued by DigiCert Sdn Bhd to solve a problem of encryption
- Fixes a problem with the e-mail related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. When you reply to or forward an email, the original message is now included in the response.
- Fixes an issue of notification of voicemail
We are not sure when LG Optimus 7 users around the world will start receiving the update or if this update will be available for other Windows Phone 7 devices.
This update however does not address a major SMS bug which can be exploited via a malicious SMS message that forces a Windows Phone device to reboot and then disables its messaging hub. Microsoft says it is working on a fix but did not give a dateline.
[Source]- The Verge