Nokia has announced the availability of Nokia Browser 2.0, a major update dedicated to Nokia Series 40 devices. Nokia says that the new version makes use of cloud-based server and reduces data consumption by up to 90% or up to three times faster in comparison to devices without cloud-accelerated browsing.
The browser includes a revamped, modern user experience that makes it simple to find, install and use interesting web apps that offer a richer, more desktop-like internet experience.
The new and improved Download Manager helps consumers to manage external content easily, saving music, video or pictures on a memory card, while surfing the internet.
New in the Nokia Browser 2.0:
- Faster browsing with speed improvements throughout the experience.
- Easier access to new and popular Web apps to enable a richer and more engaging internet experience.
- New, intuitive user interface offers one click access to search, most popular content and most valuable features.
- Media handling enhancements provide an easier way to enjoy video, audio and images. Users can download in background mode while continuing to browse the web or queue downloads for later when performance or rates are better. Downloads can be saved to memory cards or phone memory for later offline viewing or listening.
- One-click share on Social Networks by remembering Facebook and/or Twitter login to easily share any page URL and comments from your browser.
The update supports all forms of Series 40: Touch, QWERTY and Non-Touch, including the Nokia Asha range, as well as popular devices such as the Nokia C3-00, Nokia C2-03 and Nokia X3-02. Users can download it from the Nokia Store. The browser is available in 87 languages in over 200 countries and territories.[Download @Nokia Store]- Nokia Browser 2.0