IT security vendor, Sophos has just announced the availability of Sophos Mobile Security, a free lightweight anti-virus app that protects Android devices against malware, privacy issues and hardware loss.
Sophos Mobile Security automatically scans apps as users install them, blocking undesirable software and malicious code that can lead to data loss and unexpected costs. In addition to safeguarding devices from malicious apps and other risks, Sophos Mobile Security locates lost or stolen Android devices and provides a remote lock to shield personal information from unintended users.
Features of Sophos Mobile Security:
Anti Malware and Anti-Virus Protection
- Scans apps as you install them
- Scans previously installed apps both on your device and on your SD card
- Gray-lists apps which could pose a potential threat
- Uses SophosLabs threat intelligence from the cloud with up-to-the-minute information.
Loss and Theft Protection
- Performs a remote lock on any Android device which you have lost or stolen
- Uses tracking technology to attempt to find your device (optional feature)
- Detects apps which access personal data such as your address book
- Lets you easily identify apps which could create costs
In a statement, the company said that it plans to offer a managed Enterprise version of Sophos Mobile Security with enhanced functionality. Targeting corporate users, it will help to provide better protection for corporate devices and data.
Sophos Mobile Security is free can be downloaded from Google Play.
[Download]- Sophos Mobile Security