ZTE Malaysia has launched the Acqua smartphone in Malaysia. ZTE Acqua is priced at RM699 and its now available via selected dealers nationwide.
The ZTE Acqua runs Android 4.0(Ice Cream Sandwich) and it has a large 4′inch screen. Specification of the ZTE Acqua V880E below:
- 4-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen
- Android OS v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 1Ghz single core Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon CPU
- 4 GB storage(2.5GB accessible), supports up to 32 GB microSD, 512 MB RAM
- 3MP camera autofocus, LED flash, 0.3MP front camera
- Bluetooth 2.1, WiFi, AGPS/GPS, HSPA(7.2Mbps)
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- 1650mAh battery
The company claims a 2% market share in Malaysia and targets to increase it to 8% this year. It is targeting between 15 and 20 per cent by end-2014.
At the launch of the ZTE Acqua, ZTE appointed Ingenuity Solutions Bhd as the exclusive distributor for ZTE mobile devices in Malaysia. However, it did not comment on whether its previously appointed distributor, Dancom TT&L Telecommunications Sdn Bhd still remained as a partner. Dancom was appointed as a ZTE distributor last year.
ZTE said that it plans to sell some 30,000 units of the Acqua in Malaysia by year-end with a target sales of RM15 million.