The Samsung Galaxy S4 is coming to Malaysia this month. The Galaxy S4 launch event is expected in the last week of April, we are guessing either 26 or 27.
Unfortunately, we believe there will be two versions of the phone- LTE and non-LTE. The non-LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 is expected to be price at RM2199 in Malaysia. Price of the Galaxy S4 LTE version below.
Malaysia is expected to get two version of the Samsung Galaxy S4- the GT-I9500 model runs the Samsung Exynos 5 Octa 5410 processor while the GT-I9505 model is powered by a Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600 processor.
There are no big difference in both model, however the Exynos 5 Octa 5410 clocks up to 1.6Ghz while the Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600 is faster at 1.9Ghz.
Another difference, if we are not wrong, the GT-I9500(Exynos 5 Octa 5410) model does not have LTE while the GT-I9505(Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600) model comes with LTE. (Note some GT-I9500(Exynos 5 Octa 5410) model may have LTE, market dependent, we are confused too..)
Malaysia is expected to get the non-LTE version first this month which is the GT-I9500(Exynos 5 Octa 5410) model and later, possibly end of May, we should be getting the LTE version(GT-I9505).
We can’t confirm this but the LTE-version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 is high likely to be RM2399 in Malaysia.
As a reminder, MalaysianWireless does not guarantee the pricing and other launch details here until official confirmation from Samsung Malaysia. But then again, if you followed us last year, we were right about the Samsung Galaxy S3 launch in Malaysia and its pricing.
Specification of the Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Display: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0 inches (441 ppi pixel density), Corning Gorilla Glass 3, TouchWiz UI
- OS: Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Camera: 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, Dual Shot, Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization, HDR, 2nd camera- 2 MP,[email protected], dual video call
- Processor: Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600, Quad-core 1.9 GHz Krait 300, Adreno 320 GPU OR Exynos 5 Octa 5410, Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7, PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU
- Memory: 16/32/64 GB storage, 2 GB RAM, supports microSD up to 64 GB
- Connectivity: HSDPA, 42.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps(LTE version Cat 3 100/50Mbps), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80), microUSB, NFC, Bluetooh 4.0, GPS/AGPS/GLONASS, IR LED (Remote Control)
- Other Features: Wireless charging (market dependent), S Travel (TripAdvisor), S Voice Drive, S Health, Smart stay, Smart pause, Smart scroll, Air gestures, Sensors(Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, temperature, humidity, gesture), Samsung Adapt Display, Samsung Adapt Sound, Auto adjust touch sensitivity (Glove friendly)
- SIM type: micro-SIM
- Colors: White Frost, Black Mist
- Dimension: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm/ 130g
- Battery: Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery
We wonder why Samsung shipping us a non-LTE version considering early reports that Samsung is facing production issue with the Exynos 5 Octa. It is believed that about 70% of the first 10 million units of the Samsung Galaxy S4 will have the Qualcomm chips.
As for the operators, we know Maxis and Celcom will be offering both versions of the Samsung Galaxy S4, not sure about DiGi since they don’t have a LTE network.
More official details soon, stay tuned.
In the mean time, pictures/gallery of the Samsung Galaxy S4 below: