- establishment of such a hub will enable companies within the country to benefit from locally-based IP services
- Malaysian and foreign-owned companies located in Malaysia would have the opportunity to use cutting-edge IP network technology and prepare for future IP communications services
- will lead to significant cost savings on international bandwidth connectivity for TM and other Internet service providers (ISPs) as the Internet queries and traffic are contained within the country
- serve to attract new opportunities for Internet peering by major Tier-1 ISPs such as those from South Korea, Japan, China and India to Malaysia thus helping to further establish the country as a leading IP hub with capabilities at par with more established countries in the region
- would attract more international content providers to relocate here and thus spurring the growth of local content development
Verizon IP network is one of the most reliable and largest IP networks in the industry and one of the few universally-recognised Tier-1 networks in the world.
The facilities, which cost about RM40 million, will be jointly operated by TM and Verizon Business.
“We hope the combination of Verizon’s expansive global IP network and TM’s local and regional presence as well as the service expertise of both parties will bring about an attractive sales and services proposition to multinational companies and businesses operating in the region,” Minister of Energy, Water and Communications, Datuk Seri Dr Lim Keng Yaik. -Bernama