We have seen too many viruses, malware, spyware, adwares targeted to PC users. We have also seen the impact of a virus/threat. It can do anything from destroying your PC, stealing your data, attacking other computers and can even make YOU unable to turn ON your own PC.
Welcome to the Era of Mobile Virus
With just few hundreds of mobile viruses/threats, it has been able to infect your phone, steal private data(key logging), destroy data and many more.
However, experts says that threats to mobile phones will not be as worse as PC. It has been more than 3 years since the first mobile virus was discovered and the results of dealing with it has been far much better then PC.
Do you know that, receiving a call can also get your mobile phone infected with virus? There were also possibilities that mobile viruses can spread via SMS.
So, should you and I be worried?
There are currently approximately 100 million smartphones in the market.
Yes!!! If your mobile phone has any of the function or service below, then you and I should be worried:
- Bluetooth(Virus attacks via file transfer)
- Data Services(If you surf on your phone or receive MMS, make sure you purchase a mobile antivirus)
- Symbian Phones(Most viruses are targeted to mobile phones running Symbian although others like Palm and Windows Mobile are not excepted, get an anti-virus software)
- Memory Card(Virus transferred from a PC or other mobile phone can also infect your phone, get an anti-virus software)
No!!! If you:
- Use non-colour screen phone
- Don’t use bluetooth
- Don’t have memory card slot on your phone
- Don’t use 3.5G/3G/EDGE/GPRS/WAP
Read “Mobile malware a growing threat”.
If you have been attacked by a mobile virus before, do share it with me in the comments section.