Time is currently in talks with certain parties to roll out its 3G services.
Quoted from Business Times:
“We are in discussions with several companies on the content, network and connectivity.”
According to its Managing Director Datuk Baharum Salleh the company will roll out its 3G services in the “most economical way” and in tandem with market demand.
I wonder how do they define the term” “most economical way” in tandem with market demand” as Malaysians are in a need for a proper broadband service.
The possibilities are:
- Time might partner with one of the new WiMAX operators.
- Time might be taken over by Telenor.
- Time might be sold out to international companies and we see a new foreign 3G operator.
- Time might sell its 3G license as proposed by its shareholders.
- Time might partner with Maxis as what we have seen between MiTV+Celcom OR
- We might see Time taking a longer time to toll out its 3G services depending on how far and how fast its network has been deployed.
One things for sure though, Time will only return to profitability in the year 2009 and it only plans to spend RM150mil in capital expenditure (capex) this year focusing on its new to be IP network.
WiMAX will be out by the end of the year. How long does Malaysians has to wait for them to roll out 3G services?