Just this week, I have heard people discussing about it or some people asking me…”Will DiGi reduce the pricing for its Unlimited Data Plan?“
For the YES answer:
- As Celcom has introduced an unlimited 3G package priced @ RM68 which is cheaper and faster than DiGi, then YES DiGi’s top management team is probably in a meeting right now, discussing whether to price it @RM66 or probably around RM50 a month.
- A well known person in the industry told me that he will terminate his unlimited EDGE package by next month if DiGi remains the price. Is DiGi willing to loose customer?
- DiGi has no 3G. To remain and be competitive in the market, DiGi would do what it has to do.
For the NO answer:
- Well. if you have been to low yat lately, DiGi has been offering the unlimited EDGE plan(free first 6 months) with gadgets like notebooks and smartphones, all these comes with a contract around 1-2 years, what will happen to those people when they start to pay after the 6th month for the unlimited plan? As a lot of people has signed up for it, will the price remain for them?
- The RM33 unlimited data plan is currently being used by too many people including me. Will the priced drop to RM15/RM20? And will there be any option to subscribe this plan in future(with an reduced price)?
- Reducing the price means having more customers. Having more customers mean too many users, too many users means too many usage and over crowded network. Can DiGi handle this? I spoke to a person from one of the Telco’s top management team few days back, I was told that to cater the oversubscribed users in an area, a Telco need to replace the whole base station which will cost a lot of money as an upgrade will not do much. So, is DiGi ready for this? I am already experiencing slow speed for the past two weeks.
So, what do you think? Will DiGi reduced it or not? So many rumors has been heard, is DiGi reading this?