DiGi does it first again!! This time, the yellow man is now offering a service called Tariff Transparency so that DiGi customers could check whether the number they are calling is on the DiGi network.
While operators like Maxis is still offering different rates when calling to another local operator and as fas as I know, Maxis does not offer any “Tariff Transparency” service.
Best of all, this service from DiGi is free!! Refer to the FAQ below that was taken from the DiGi website.
1. What is Tariff Transparency?
Tariff Transparency enables DiGi subscribers to check if the mobile number they are calling belongs to a DiGi subscriber.
2. Who may use the Tariff Transparency service?
The Tariff Transparency service is open to all DiGi subscribers (Prepaid & Postpaid).
3. Will I know which network the number belongs to?
No. You’ll only know whether the requested number is on the DiGi network or otherwise.
4. My friend has submitted a request to port in to DiGi; will I receive the result saying that he/she is DiGi subscriber immediately?
Only when your friend’s mobile number has been ported successfully to the DiGi network.
5. I have submitted a request to port out from DiGi; can I continue using Tariff Transparency?
No. You’ll need to refer to your latest registered telecommunication operator for the correct command.
6. Do I need to subscribe to any specific call plan to use Tariff Transparency?
No. You’ll just need to send the command to 2000.
7. Is there a limit?
Yes. You can request up to 10 (ten) times daily. You can continue your requests after midnight every day if you’ve exceeded the daily limit.
8. When is the Tariff Transparency service available?
Tariff Transparency service is available 24 hours, 7 days a week. You can use this service as long as your requests are within the permitted daily limit.
9. Will there be any charges for every successful request?
Tariff Transparency is completely FREE to use.
10. Will there be any charges if I have sent an invalid command or request?
No. There is no charge for any failed requests.
11. Will there be any charges if I send more than 10 requests?
No, but you are limited to 10 requests per day. We’ll notify you once you have exceeded the daily limit.