Picture Right-Left: Encik Adlan Ahmad Tajudin, Chief Corporate Officer of Celcom Axiata Berhad receives the “Best Mobile Carrier” award from Mr. Geoff Thomas, General Manager of Communications Sector, Asia, Microsoft.
Mobile operator Celcom bagged the Best Mobile Carrier award at the 13th Telecom Asia Awards at Capella Resort, Singapore on 20 April 2010.
Celcom’s parent company Axiata, won the Best Regional Mobile Group award while its CEO, Dato’ Sri Jamaludin Ibrahim voted the Telecom CEO of the Year.
Other winners can be found over here.
Full Press Release from Celcom after the jump.
KUALA LUMPUR, 22 APRIL 2010 – Moving into the second quarter of year 2010, Celcom Axiata Berhad [formerly known as Celcom(Malaysia) Berhad] recently celebrates yet another achievement as it garnered the title of “Best Mobile Carrier”, winning praise from judges for innovation in product portfolio & business model; business execution, financial performance, market and technology leadership as well as customer care during the 13th Telecom Asia Awards at Capella Resort, Singapore on 20 April 2010.
“We are honoured to be bestowed with this recognition from the industry, by people behind Telecom Asia Awards, in the form of such a prestigious award. Being acknowledged the Best Mobile Carrier and the only Malaysian telco winning the award lends a greater meaning to our journey this far and at the same time, keep us motivated to pursue higher level of excellence in our business,” said Dato’ Sri Shazalli Ramly, Chief Executive Officer of Celcom Axiata Berhad.
“Being in an industry that is never stagnant and ever-evolving, Celcom constantly enhances and innovates its products and services based on customers’ needs and desires, ultimately to enrich their mobile experience. We are aware and conscious that innovation is an important factor not only to be at the head of the pack but to remain number one consistently.” Dato’ Sri Shazalli said.
Joseph Waring, Group Editor of Telecom Asia, said the awards this year emphasized on successful innovation. The awards are Asia’s largest and longest-running telecoms industry honours, having presented every year since 1998. The awards are based on nominations and votes from a judging panel made up of financial and industry analysts, editors and industry professionals in 11 categories. “Winners were chosen because they’ve demonstrated the ability to create fresh opportunities for themselves and to execute them.” he added.
“Celcom has come a long way. We’ve gone through numerous battles and serious long hard work over the past few years. Through these, we are finally bearing its fruits now. We’ve recorded an unprecedented 15 quarters of consecutive positive growth in all key indicators of our business in the final quarter of 2009. This success is attributed to the commitment of each and every employee in Celcom, the very reason we are standing on this stage,” said Dato’ Sri Shazalli.
“With these recognitions comes great responsibility. In the coming quarters of 2010, we will continue to strengthen our segment-oriented strategies while being focused on driving a culture that always place our customers first.” Dato’ Sri Shazalli concluded.
Best Mobile Carrier Award is in addition to the various other awards won by Celcom thus far. Those awards include:
- The Best Market Performer and Best New Business Line for Mobile Broadband at Inaugural Axiata Group Awards 2009
- The Best Mobile Broadband Service Award and was named one of the Top 10 Power Brands in the country at 10th PC.Com Awards Night
- Malaysia’s No. 1 Telco Brand ranked 4th Most Valuable Brand at the Malaysia’s 30 Most Valuables Brands (MMVB)
- Mobile Service Provider of the Year and the much coveted Service Provider of the Year at the 2009 Frost & Sullivan Malaysian Telecom Awards
- Malaysia’s Business Leadership Awards 2009: Telecommunications Sector Award to Dato’ Sri Shazalli Ramly, Chief Executive Officer of Celcom Axiata Berhad at Malaysia Business Leadership Award 2009 (MBLA)
- The Brand Building Hall of Fame Award to Dato’ Sri Shazalli Ramly, Chief Executive Officer of Celcom Axiata Berhad at Association of Accredited Advertising Agent Malaysia (4A’s) and The Edge
- Industry Excellence Award 2008/ 2009: Telecommunications Sector at 4th Edition of Malaysia 1000 Directory Launch
- Silver Medal for Best Contact Centre in Asia Pacific under 50 agents, awarded by the Contact Centre World APAC Region Conference Bronze Medal for Best Customer Service Agent in Asia Pacific, awarded by the Contact Centre World APAC Region Conference
- The Most Preferred Brand: Mobile Telecommunications Category at The BrandLaureate- SMEs Chapter Awards 2009- Top Ten Most Preferred Brands Awards
- VIMA (Voice Independent Music Awards) 2010- Hall of Fame Award to Dato’ Sri Shazalli Ramly, Chief Executive Officer of Celcom Axiata Berhad at The VIMA (Voice Independent Music Awards) 2010 Hall of Fame