It has been available to a limited number of Blackberry users(including me) since February 2010. Still in Beta, Blackberry today has made available their own Twitter client on Blackbbery App World, free to download.
As far as I have tested it, I would still prefer to use UberTwitter. I think Blackberry has a lot more to improve on Twitter for BlackBerry.
- Push Notifications for Direct Messages
- Direct Twitter messages are delivered to the users’ BlackBerry application through the use of BlackBerry® Push technology
- When a direct message is received, the user will be notified with a splat on the Twitter ribbon application as well as the home screen icon
- Timeline Support
- Users can view the timeline of the Twitter users they are following, the Tweets posted by the users and the replies to the user
- Following & Followers
- Users can view a list of the Twitter users who they are currently following or who are currently following them
- Tweeting and Re-Tweeting
- Users can post new tweets, delete tweets, re-tweet (forward), reply to tweets (@Replies), and send direct messages
- User can send a tweet to various other options including Facebook®, Email, PIN, SMS, MMS, and BlackBerry® Messenger
- Keyword, User, and Proximity Search
- Keyword Search: search for keywords from within the application, the search results are displayed as a Timeline
- User Search: search for other Twitter users from within the application.
- Proximity Search: Search for tweets within a chosen location
- Tweet Photos
- User can post a photo from within the app, their BlackBerry camera, or media card as part of a new Tweet
- Users can also view photos in the stream
- Trending Topics
- Users can view a list of the top 10 trending topics on Twitter, and they are able to click on a topic to bring up a Timeline
- Profile Editing
- Users can edit their own Twitter profile or change their profile image from the application
- Seamless integration into core BlackBerry Applications
- The application is integrated completely into Media, browser, BlackBerry App World™, and message list
- URL Shortening
- User can tweet or send direct message of websites from the Browser using URL shrinkage (bit.Ly support)
Note: The Twitter for BlackBerry application is available for BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry OS version 4.5 or higher with at least 64-MB of built in memory (with at least 750KB available).