Jefri Ahmad Tambi (third from right), Director of Broadband & Special Projects, representing Celcom Axiata Berhad to receive the “Wireless Data Service Provider of the Year” award at the banquet. Joining this momentous event are Adlan Ahmad Tajudin, Chief Corporate Officer of Celcom Axiata Berhad (first from left) together with other members of Axiata Berhad’s mobile subsidiaries and associates operate.
The judges at the 2010 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific Awards says that Celcom is the “Wireless Data Service Provider of the Year”(2009).
What do you think?
Below is the press release from Celcom:
KUALA LUMPUR, 14 JUNE 2010 – Celcom Axiata Berhad [formerly known as Celcom (Malaysia) Berhad] marked its fifth recognition in the second quarter of year 2010 as it garnered the title of “Wireless Data Service Provider of the Year”, winning praise from judges for its exemplary growth and performance in the Asia Pacific ICT industry for the year 2009 during the 2010 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific Awards at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore on 10 June 2010.
The winner of the Wireless Data Service Provider of the Year award was determined by a distinguished panel of judges comprising of senior executives from the industry which includes the circle of Chief Information Officers or Chief Technology Officers, as well as Frost & Sullivan analysts. The recognition is in addition to the Best Mobile Carrier Award won by Celcom recently at the 13th Telecom Asia Awards 2010 along with the Mobile Service Provider of the Year, Broadband Service Provider of the Year and the much coveted Service Provider of the Year at the 2010 Frost & Sullivan Malaysia Telecoms Awards.
“Being awarded as the Wireless Data Service Provider of the Year of Asia Pacific, lends a greater meaning to our journey in continuing to excel in our business, and keep us motivated to continue claiming the number one position in the telecommunications industry. It has not been an easy journey in the past year, we are finally bearing fruit from our hard work as we have recorded an unprecedented 16 quarters of consecutive positive growth in all key indicators of our business in the first quarter of 2010. We are thankful that our subscriber base has also grown amidst the competitive environment, reaching a total of 10.4 million customers,” said Dato’ Sri Shazalli Ramly, Chief Executive Officer of Celcom Axiata Berhad.
“This success reflects the level of commitment of each and every employee towards the Company, not forgetting the support and dedication from our Chairman, Dato’ Sri Jamaludin who is also the CEO and President of the Axiata Group,” added Dato’ Sri Shazalli.
Celcom was also been acknowledged with numerous other awards and accolades, and they are:
- Silver Medal for Best Contact Centre in Asia Pacific under 50 Agents and Bronze Medal for Best Customer Service Agent in Asia Pacific awarded by the Contact Centre World APAC Region Conference
- Mobile Service Provider of the Year and the much coveted Service Provider of the Year at the 2009 Frost & Sullivan Malaysia Telecom Awards
- The Most Preferred Brand: Mobile Telecommunications Category at The BrandLaureate – SMEs Chapter Awards 2009 – Top Ten Most Preferred Brands Awards
- Malaysia’s No. 1 Telco Brand ranked 4th Most Valuable Brand at the Malaysia’s 30 Most Valuable Brands (MMVB) Award 2009
- Industry Excellence Award 2008/2009: Telecommunications Sector at the 4th Edition of Malaysia 1000 Directory Launch
- Best Mobile Broadband Service Award and was named as one of the Top 10 Power Brands in the country at the 10th PC.com Awards Night Information