(Update 1: Thanks to the readers who contacted me, Maxis MiFi is available at RM280(6-months contract) or RM380 without contract- more here)
Today, DiGi has launched their MiFi device together with the EXPLORE 16GB broadband package.
Customers need to pay an upfront RM360 for the modem that will rebate in their bill over a period of 12-months(RM30 per month x 12-months), which means that for the 1st 12-months you will be paying RM128 per month for 16GB of data allowance. The standard monthly access fee is RM158.
DiGi claims that the MiFi is free but the fact is, it is only free AFTER 12-months. DiGi did not mention that you will be paying for the modem if you terminate the service within 12-months. This sounds like a contract to me since you don’t get refund for terminating within 12-months.
Get your message CLEAR DiGi Broadband.
Before subscribing, take note:
- RM100 non-refundable advance payment is required (Malaysians & foreigners) and RM100 deposit required for foreigners.
- Additional rebate of RM5 per month applies with autobilling.
- Monthly access will revert to RM158 after the 12th month.
- Fair usage policy applies. Speed will be throttled to 128kbps when quota is exceeded.
- No 7 day trial/refund policy.
Suggestions to DiGi:
- Give option to customers, offer more packages with higher or lower data limits.
- Some customers might want to buy the modem separately. DiGi, don’t tell customers what they should have, let them choose and decide.