Spice CSL, a joint venture between Malaysia’s CSL Mobile and Singapore’s Spice i2i has announced that it will make available a new Android tablet called Spice CSL MI700 in September 2010.
No pricing has been announced.
Specification of Spice CSL MI700:
- Connectivity: GSM Quadband/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA; Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- Display: 7-inch, TFT Capacitive, 16M colours screen; 179.4(H) x110(W) x11.5 (T) mm.
- Operating System: Android 2.1 (upgradeable to 2.2).
- Memory: 512MB ROM and 512MB RAM.
- Supported Media Formats: AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1 (AAC+) and HE-AACv2 (enhanced AAC+) formats; H.263, H.264 AVC and MPEG-4 SP files.
- Camera: 3 megapixels camera with autofocus; secondary VGA or 0.3.
- Battery: 3240mAh Li-Polymer.
- Others: G-sensor, E-compass sensor and Ambient light sensor; MapKing GPS Navigator; S-Uno; GPS/AGPS; USB 2.0 High Speed Client, and OTG mode.
One more new Android model
Malaysian Wireless believes that Spice CSL will also be offering another Android device called Spice CSL MI410 which should be available sometime in October-November 2010. The Spice CSL MI400 is powered by Snapdragon MSM8255 chipset from Qualcomm and has a 4.1 inch display, running Android 2.1. The device has the capability to play and record High Definition video.
Other features include Wi-Fi, 3G (HSDPA), Bluetooth 3.0 + EDRA(data transfer up to 24Mbps), AGPS, GPS & more.