A survey was done by Mobclix to obtain information from 1,025 Android owners on the Mobclix Exchange during October. The purpose of the survey is to highlight different demographics of smartphone owners who use the Android Market every day.
- 60% of Android users are under the age of 34
- 8% of Android users switched from an iPhone while 45% of Android Users say Android is their first smartphone
- Android users spend most of their time on Email (37%), Games (21%) and Maps/Navigation (8%).
- 46% of Android users prefer a touch screen over a physical keyboard
- Android users spend 1/7th of what iPhone owners spend on in-app gaming purchases
- Android users have an average of 17 apps on their phone vs 28 apps for iPhone users
- Twice as many Android owners than smartphone users will make a purchase or payment on their device each month
- The top 3 free games preferred by Android users are Angry Birds, Solitaire and Jewels
Click the Infographic below.