As I reported last month that U Mobile will offer Blackberry service, the time has finally come. U Mobile will launch its Blackberry service this Friday(21 January, 2011) at Berjaya Times Square.
As part of the launch, U Mobile is offering the promotion as below:
- RM 3 : for 1st 10 device (Blackberry Bold 9780)
- RM 33 : for next 50 units (Blackberry Curve 9300)
- RM 333: for following 50 units (Blackberry Curve 9300)
Subscriber are required to sign a contract of 12 months with any voice plan and BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). There’s also an advance payment of RM250, which will be deducted in the monthly bills.
Not much details are available so far on the Blackberry plan. In its FAQ, U Mobile said with its Blackberry Internet Service(BIS), customers can use the following services:
- Internet Browsing
- Email Services (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail )
- Instant Messaging (Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, ICQ)
- Social Networking (Facebook, Twitter)
- BBM Messenger
- BlackBerry App World
Tethering & streaming services such as YouTube will be charged at 5 sen/MB. However that justifies the price at RM40/month for the U Mobile BIS. I was hoping that there could be an all-in-one plan that offers pay-per-use voice plus unlimited Blackberry data such as the DiGi SmartPlan.
The U Mobile launch event is taking place this Friday at Berjaya Time Square (Boulevard) from 10am till 10pm.