Celcom Axiata has partnered with CellTrust Corporation to deploy the patent-pending, carrier grade CellTrust SecureSMS Consumer app for Blackberry customers.
The CellTrust SecureSMS Consumer app allows SMS to be encrypted so they cannot be intercepted along with a host of other features such as:
- Up to 5000 characters per message
- Delivery Status and reception acknowledgement
- Failed login & remote wiping for protection and removal of discreet data
- Secure end-to-end encryption up to 256 bit (HIPAA, FIPS, FISMA, Sarbanes-Oxley compliant)with each client handset utilizing its own unique decryption key
- Fully secured contact listings
- CellTrust SecureSMS console allows you to push security policies
Last checked Celcom hasn’t launched the service yet, which is expected to come with a certain fee. However, Celcom customers can download the CellTrust SecureSMS Consumer app from the BlackBerry app store.
Additionally Celcom will also deploy the CellTrust SecureSMS Enterprise (SSMS) for corporate, governmental and other enterprise customers featuring either a dedicated or hosted server option, which can be integrated into their own enterprise infrastructure. A Secure MMS app is being planned for sometime this year.
Official details from Celcom as it becomes available.