DiGi has partnered with Opera Software to become the first Malaysian mobile operator to co-brand Opera Mini.
What is Opera Mini?
Opera Mini is a mobile phone browser that supports virtually any mobile phone model. It enables users to browse the Internet on their mobile phones with ease for a full Web experience.
The DiGi version of the Opera Mini gives users the following benefits:
- Up to 6x faster browsing speed
- Savings on data charges as it compresses up to 90% of data
- Full Web experience as it translates normal websites into viewable sizes on mobile phones
- 1-click access to your favourite websites – using Speed Dials configured in the client
- The DiGi co-branded Opera Mini client supports zero-rated sites offered by DiGi (which the public version of Opera Mini does not support)
- The DiGi co-branded Opera Mini client supports content purchase (which the public version of Opera Mini does not support)
- It enables feature phones and low-end phones to enjoy the Internet just like any other smartphones
Opera Mini is available for Java phones, Android, Symbian/S60, Blackberry, iPhone, Windows Mobile (5.1).
DiGi customers can automatically download this special edition of Opera Mini by simple pointing their mobile browser to http://m.opera.com/or SMS “OPERA” to 2000. Data charges for downloading the DiGi co-branded Opera Mini is waived until 31 May 2011(Note: Browsing using Opera Mini are charged at normal rate).
More details visit the DiGi-Opera Mini site.