(Update: 31 March 2011, 6pm)- As Malaysian Wireless reported earlier today, the Maxis Home Service is now launched.
Maxis Home Services is a fibre-to-the-home(FTTH) service with high speed broadband connectivity and fixed line services. 3 plans are offered- Standard, Value & Advance:
The Maxis Home Services Standard package(RM128/month) offers 4Mbps with a monthly data quota of 30GB while the Value package is priced at RM158/month with speeds up to 6Mbps and monthly data quota of 60GB. As for the Advanced package, it is priced at RM218/month with a monthly data quota of 100GB and speeds up to 10Mbps.
The Standard and Value packages comes with a Free Residential WiFi Modem and a Free Dect Phone. As for the Advance package, Maxis is giving away a unit of free Residential WiFi Modem with Integrated Dect Phone.
On top of that, all three packages comes with free calls to Maxis mobile numbers, unlimited calls between Maxis Fixed Line and free IDD calls. Customers also get certain free minutes of calls between Maxis mobile numbers if they have a Maxis postpaid account.
Maxis also said that it will bundle value added service such as WebTV, Internet Security plus tons of the service which will be fully revealed in Q3 of this year.
According to Sandip Das, Chief Executive Officer of Maxis, over 10,000 people has registered for interest on the Maxis Home Service. He also added that Maxis will make available contents on the Home Service to Wireless Broadband & Mobile customers as well in the future.
A 24-months contract applies for the Maxis Home Services and there is an installation fee of RM200. The service is available at areas where TM’s UniFi are deployed. In other words, consumers get to choose between Maxis Home Service or TM UniFi.
VoIP Rates & other charges:
Terms & Condition of the Maxis Home Services:
- The RM75 deposit for Malaysians is waived from 31st March – 30th June 2011. RM300 for non-Malaysians is applicable.
- The modem/ONT provided at Customers’ premises is the property of Maxis.
- The Residential WiFi Modem and DECT phone belongs to the Customer and has a warranty of 12 months (warranty is only for manufacturing defects). Should there be any damage or loss of device, the Customer may purchase another unit from Maxis. Please call 1800 82 1123 or 123 from your Maxis Mobile for assistance on technical issues.
- This service is available at selected areas only.
- For any rescheduling or cancellation of the installation appointment date, customers are required to inform Maxis 3 days prior to the appointment date. Maxis reserves the right to charge the Customer for any late rescheduling or cancellation request.
- The first 15 metres of fibre cable to the Customers’ premise is free. Should the length required at Customers’ premises exceed the said allocated amount, the extra charges will be borne by the Customer.
- Speed of service is on best effort basis.
- This package comes with a 24-month contract.
- A one-time installation fee of RM200 is applicable to the High Speed Internet service. This amount will be reflected in your first month’s bill.
- Mobile postpaid free calls are only applicable to Maxis-Maxis calls and for principal lines only.
- Only one Wireless Broadband service is applicable per High Speed Internet service subscription/registration.
- All services offered with the respective plans will be available for Customers as long as they subscribe to the High Speed Internet service.
- Balance of quota or unused services are not refundable/returnable and cannot be converted into monetary value.
- The free WebTV programs are only valid for 3 months from the activation date. Promotion is only valid from 31st March – 30th June 2011.
Maxis Home Services page.
Maxis will be launching something called Home Services today- a mutiple-play service.
Malaysian Wireless heard that it will offer 3 main service- Fibre to the home(FTTH), mobile service & mobile broadband- all in one billing/package. The first of its kind in Malaysia.
More details later in the evening.