Below would be a quick summary of the main announcements apart from the new BlackBerry Bold smartphones:
RIM Announces New Facebook App for BlackBerry PlayBook
- Following on the success of the Facebook for BlackBerry® smartphones app, RIM today announced Facebook for BlackBerry® PlayBook™ — a new app that delivers popular features of Facebook, optimized for the 7″ high resolution, multi-touch LCD display of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
RIM Announces New Video Chat Application for the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet
- RIM today announced the availability of the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ Video Chat application – an easy and fun way for friends and family to place and receive video calls between BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablets over an internet connected Wi-Fi® network.
Apart from these, RIM also made the following announcements:
RIM Announces BlackBerry Mobile Voice System 5 with Voice Over Wi-Fi Calling for Avaya and Legacy Nortel Communications Systems
- VoIP and SIP Compatible Platform Enables Integration with More In-Market and Legacy Phone Systems; Extends BlackBerry MVS to Unified Communications Application Development
RIM Announces Multi-Platform BlackBerry Enterprise Solution for Smartphones and Tablets
- Device Management Solution to Provide Security, Management, and Control of BlackBerry Devices, Plus Secure Management for Other Mobile Devices
- RIM is announcing today plans for a multi-platform BlackBerry Enterprise Solution for managing and securing mobile devices for enterprises and government organizations. The solution will make available the market-leading management, security and controls of BlackBerry® Enterprise Server and BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express for BlackBerry® devices plus, through RIM’s pending acquisition of ubitexx (creator of the ubi-Suite device management solution), the solution is expected to incorporate secure device management for Android and iOS based devices and tablets, all managed from a single web-based console.
RIM Launches BlackBerry Balance for Work-Life Balance on BlackBerry
- Unifies Work and Personal Use of BlackBerry Smartphones without Compromising Company Security or Personal Privacy
- RIM is advancing work-life balance on BlackBerry® smartphones with BlackBerry® Balance™ – new technology that makes possible the convenience of using a single BlackBerry smartphone for both work and personal purposes without compromising the security of company content and the privacy of personal content. RIM is introducing this technology in response to the growing trend by businesses to allow employees to use personal BlackBerry smartphones for work, or company-owned smartphones for personal, and the need by businesses to secure, manage and control confidential company or client information on these devices.