Celcom Axiata today announced the appointment of Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin as its new Chief Marketing Officer (CMO).
The other two key appointments include Afizulazha Abdullah as the new Chief Operations, Advanced Data (CAD) and Eric Chong Tiong Beng has been named Chief Sales & Commercial Officer (CSO).
Zalman has been with Celcom since March 2004 and was previously the Director of Marketing. He will succeed Chee Pok Jin who will be leaving Celcom at the end of this month.
Zalman will be responsible for the following portfolios:-
- Retail and Enterprise Marketing
- Pricing/Consumer Lifecycle Management
- Device Selection and Bundling
- International Business
Afizulazha Abdullah(Afiz) was previously the Vice President of Maxis Home Services. He joined Maxis in 2006 and was responsible for Maxis services such as Fibre-to-the-Home, Broadband and Value Added Services(VAS).
Afiz will be leading the following portfolios:-
- Broadband Access and Products, across all small, medium and large screens
- New Business, including involvement in Content/VAS (value added services), Mobile Advertising and Mobile Commerce Management
- Development of new data access services, including triple/quad play bundled services
Eric Chong Tiong Beng(Eric) has helmed the enterprise and retail sales divisions of local telecommunications companies, and played key sales leadership roles in the manufacturing, consumer goods and service industries here in Malaysia and overseas.
Eric will be responsible for the following portfolios:-
- Retail, Enterprise Sales and MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) Operations
- Device and SIM Card Management
- Outlet, Dealer and Distribution Management
- Customer Service Division
With the latest announcements,Celcom will now focus on three core areas:
- Customer Focus and Differentiation – Given the maturing market environment, Celcom’s overall strategy will focus on more sophisticated consumer segment management, new products and services beyond mobile voice, a new customer experience across all touch points and a comprehensive interface in consumer lifecycle management.
- Human Capital and Talent Management – Developing a credible cadre of Malaysian business leaders today (through our Group Talent Development Programme) and for the future by broadening and developing internal employees, and bringing in new talent to ensure Celcom is poised to be a world-class organisation.
- Organisational Process and Development – Creating an agile organisation that will address the fast changing industry and new business requirements, especially in relation to mobile data and our online business, while improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our processes.
All the above changes will take effect from 16 May 2011.