Opera Software claims that its Opera Mini mobile browser allows mobile users to save more data while browsing on the phone.
For those who use mobile data with limited “data quota” from the mobile operators, Opera offers the following tips:
- Open the full email only if necessary. Open email attachments sparingly, if at all.
- Manage your apps’ hunger for mobile data. Disable push notifications.
- Consider using a smart mini browser, like Opera Mini. These keep you from downloading too much data to your phone.
- Spotify is awesome, but use your locally-stored playlist when on the go.
- Update and download apps over WiFi.
- Consider using mobile-friendly webpages. Our research shows they shave off a significant amount of data that otherwise would count against your cap.
- Turn off images when nearing your cap. Most browsers make it easy. In Opera Mini, just click Settings > Load Images.
- Avoid HD video on YouTube when browsing on a mobile connection. Just 10 minutes of HD video per day fills a standard 2GB plan.
Loading facebook.com just once will eat up more than 200 KB of data, according to Opera’s research. With a browser like Opera Mini, which shrinks data down to a fraction of its original size, you can view Facebook 8.5 times using that same 200 KB.
Click image below to know more.
m.opera.com<– Get Opera Mini on your mobile phone
Opera Mini is free and works on Symbian, Android, iOS, and Blackberry.