The 1st MeeGo-based Nokia N9 smartphone was announced in Malaysia yesterday.
The Nokia N9 will be available in three colors – black, cyan and magenta. It has a retail price of RM1799 for 16GB and RM2088 for 64GB.
Some of the apps available on the Nokia N9 include news apps such as TheStar, Malaysia Headline, The Edge, and other such as Angry Birds, Facebook, Twitter, Skype among many other. Nokia Malaysia did not disclose the number of apps available on the MeeGo platform but commented that a number of existing application in the Ovi Store are being made compatible on the Nokia N9.
The Nokia N9 Specification:
- Networks: PentabandWCDMA 850, 900, 1900, 1700, 2100, Quad band GSM/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900
- Speed: HSDPA Cat10: 14.4Mbps, HSUPA: Cat6 5.76Mbps
- Display: 3.9” WVGA (854×480) AMOLED display with curved Gorilla glassTM, no air gap, anti-glare polarizer
- OS: MeeGo1.2 Harmattan
- Memory: 1024MB RAM, 16GB/64GB storage
- Camera: 8Mpix auto-focus Carl Zeiss, wide-angle lens, 2x LED flash, Video capturing MPEG-4 SP 720p @ 30fps, 2nd camera for video calls
- Size / Weight: 116.45 mm x 61.2 mm x 7.6–12.1 mm (L x W x T)/ 76 cm3/ 135 g
- Connectivity: BT 2.1, GPS, A-GPS, WLAN 802.11abgn, NFC, 3.5mm AV connector, micro USB connector, USB charging
- Processor: ARM Cortex-A8 OMAP3630 1 Ghz, PowerVRSGX530
- Audio: MP3 player, Audio jack: 3.5mm, Supported codecs: mp3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, FLAC.
- Battery: 1450 mAh
Nokia said that the Nokia N9 will be available with contract from Celcom & DiGi. Both operators are expected to sell the Nokia N9 early October. Sources close to Malaysian Wireless believes that Maxis would offer the N9 at a later time.