Samsung Electronics has announced that the Samsung GALAXY S II (GT-I9100) has achieved 10 million global channel sales, doubling from five million in just eight weeks.
The Samsung flagship smartphone device – a thin (8.49mm) and lightweight dual-core smartphone with Super AMOLED Plus viewing experience. It is available from local mobile operators including Maxis, Celcom, DiGi & U Mobile.
Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II specifications:
- General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
- Dimensions: 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm, 116 g
- Display: 4.3″ 16M-color WVGA (480 x 800 pixels) Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen, Gorilla Glass,
- CPU: Dual-core ARM Cortex A9 1.2 GHz processor, Orion chipset
- GPU: Mali-400MP
- RAM: 1GB
- OS: Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Memory: 16/32GB storage, microSD card slot
- Camera: 8 megapixel auto-focus camera with face detection, touch focus and image stabilization; Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps, LED flash, front facing camera, video-calls
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 3.0+HS, standard microUSB port,GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio, TV-out, USB-on-the-go
- Others: TouchWiz 4.0 UI, DivX/XviD codec support, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor, gyroscope sensor, Swype text input
“Since its launch in late April 2011, the GALAXY S II has seen continued sales success, demonstrating Samsung’s industry-leading capabilities in – and commitment to – the smartphone market” said JK Shin, President and Head of Samsung’s Mobile Communications Business.
“In just five months the GALAXY S II has seen tremendous growth, reflecting its tremendous popularity with customers around the world, who in selecting the GALAXY S II as their device of choice have driven the device’s strong market position globally” he added.