HTC officially unveiled the HTC Rezound at an event held in New York today. The HTC Rezound with Beats Audio is the company’s new Android flagship smartphone. It will be exclusive to Verizon in the US for now. No availability details for Malaysia yet.
The HTC Rezound runs Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread with Sense 3.5 and has a 4.3-inch 1280×720 pixels screen. HTC says that it will be updating it to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in early 2012.
Specification of the HTC Rezound with Beats Audio below:
- Chipset: Dual-core Qualcomm MSM8660 1.5 GHz, Qualcomm MDM9600
- Operating System: Includes the Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS with the latest HTC Sense — an upgrade to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) will available in early 2012
- 4.3-inch true HD 720p display
- Internal Memory: 16 GB of on-board memory, 16GB micro SD card included, 1 GB of DDR2 RAM
- 8MP f/2.2 camera capable of shooting 1080p video, dual LED flash
- Bluetooth 3.0,
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n, Mobile Hotspot Capability: Share 4G connection with up to ten Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
- GPS: GPS/AGPS
- DLNA support
- 5.1 surround sound and SRS WOW HD surround
- Mobile High Definition Link (MHL) capability for watching content on a compatible HDTV
- Battery: 1,620 mAh
- Dimensions: 129 x 65.5 x 13.65 mm
- HDMI (through MHL), g-sensor, light sensor, compass, proximity sensor, MicroUSB, USIM/CSIM/ISIM, audio jack and wireless charging-capable
The special tangle-free Beats Audio headphones is included in the HTC Rezound retail package.
The HTC Rezound will cost $299.99 with a new, two-year Verizon service agreement and will be available beginning November 14.[Press Release]– HTC