It is said that Samsung Malaysia has started selling the Galaxy Tab 8.9 but there are currently no details about this new tablet on its website.
The 8.9″ Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 runs Android 3.1 HoneyComb and it is powered by a dual core 1Ghz processor. Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 below:
- General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- Dimensions: 230.9 x 157.8 x 8.6 mm, 470 g
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb
- Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 proccessor, ULP GeForce GPU, Tegra 2 chipset
- 8.9″ 16M-color WXGA (1280 x 800 pixels) IPS TFT capacitive touchscreen
- 1GB RAM, 16/32/64 GB storage
- 3.15 megapixel auto-focus camera with 720p video recording; 2 megapixel front facing camera
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 3.0, standard microUSB port,GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio, HDMI TV-out, USB host
- Others: TouchWiz customization, telephony, DivX/XviD codec support, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor, gyroscope sensor
According to the Amanz blog, Samsung has quietly started selling the Galaxy Tab 8.9 for RM1699 in Malaysia but they have not marketed it anywhere.
MalaysianWireless has been tipped that one of the Telco(we can’t tell yet if it is DiGi, Celcom, Maxis or U Mobile) will be officially launching the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 next week. We will try to leak the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 plan/packages before the launch. Keep your eyes on MalaysianWireless for the update.