Samsung Electronics announced that its new Bada flagship, the Samsung S8600 Wave 3 will be available in global markets. It will first launch in France and later will be rolled out to Germany, Italy, Russia and other global markets(possibly Malaysia) within this year.
Announced late August, the Wave 3 has a 4-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen, powered by a 1.4GHz processor. All this is encased in a gorgeous 9.9mm thick brushed-metal case.
Specifications of the Samsung S8600 Wave 3:
- General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 900/2100 MHz, EDGE, HSDPA 14.4 Mbps and HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar
- Dimensions: 125.9 x 64.2 x 9.9mm, 122g
- Display: 4″ 16M-color SuperAMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 800 pixels resolution, scratch-resistant glass surface
- Platform: Bada OS 2.0
- CPU: 1.4 GHz processor
- Memory: 2GB user accessible internal memory, microSD card slot
- Camera: 5-megapixels auto-focus camera with LED flash, 720p video recording @30fps; VGA video-call camera
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with WPS support and Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP, standard microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, Glonass (region specific), 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 1500 mAh battery
- Others: NFC support, accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, FM radio with RDS, DivX/XviD support
No pricing was announced for the Samsung S8600 Wave 3. However it is currently going for about €280(RM1196) after taxes in Europe.[Source]-Samsung