We’ve just got word from our friends in the mobile industry that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be priced at RM2099 in Malaysia. Not a bad price, we think.
If you have been reading MalaysianWireless.com for sometime now, you would find it usual that we leak insiders or details like this before it happens. So here’s more!
Further checking reveals that two telcos are geared for the Galaxy Nexus launch in Malaysia within next 2-3 weeks. Last checked, the launch date we got is 13 January 2012. If you’re wondering which Telco, you probably know that one of it is DiGi and the other one is Celcom Axiata. We can’t confirm Maxis yet.
The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is one of the first smartphone with an HD super AMOLED display, measuring at 4.65 inches. The display is slightly curved, just like the Nexus S and it runs the latest Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich mobile operating system.
Specification of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus:
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100, LTE(Selected countries)
- Touchscreen bar phone
- Dimensions: 135.5 x 67.9 x 8.9 mm, 135 g
- Display: 4.65″ 16M-color HD (1280 x 720 pixels) Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 0.01ms response time; oleophobic surface, curved display, multi-touch input
- Dual-core 1.2GHz Cortex-A9 CPU, TI OMAP 4460 chipset
- 1GB RAM
- Memory: 16/32GB storage
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 5 megapixel auto-focus camera with face detection, touch focus and geotagging; Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps, LED flash, front facing camera, video-calls, touch-to-zoom while recording
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 3.0, standard microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC