[Update 1, Feb 8]- Samsung Malaysia has set Feb 18(next Friday) for the official launch of Galaxy Tab 7.7 in Malaysia.
[Update 2, Feb15]- Samsung has revised the Galaxy Tab 7.7 pricing yesterday. The new RRP in Malaysia is RM2099.
After 1-2 months of delay, Samsung Malaysia has finally decided to make available the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7. For those interested to purchase the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, it will be priced at
RM2299RM2099 in Malaysia.
At the time of writing, all three Telcos are testing out the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, we believe that Celcom & DiGi will make it available in the 1st week of February. No news on Maxis yet.
We were told that Samsung initially planned to price the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 at RM1699, the same RRP as Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 & Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.o Plus. We are not sure why Samsung decided to increase the price. Even the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has a RRP of RM1899, that’s RM400 cheaper for a bigger screen.
However, if we are not wrong, the Galaxy Tab 7.7 is the only Tab out there that uses a Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen, probably the main reason for the expensive price.
Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 below:
- 196.7x 133 x 7.89 mm, 335g
- Display- 16M colors 7.7” Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen of WXGA resolution (1280 x 800 pixels)
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb, TouchWiz UI
- 1.4 GHz dual-core Cortex-A9 CPU, Mali-400MP GPU, Exynos chipset
- 1GB of RAM
- 16/32/64 GB internal memory, expandable through a microSD card slot
- 3.2 MP autofocus camera with 720p video recording; LED flash; 2 MP front-facing camera
- Quad-band GSM & quad-band (850/900/1900/2100 MHz) UMTS with 21 Mbps HSDPA and HSUPA 5.76 Mbps, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Assisted GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, 30-pin connector
- Battery- 5,100mAh (Up to 10 hours of video playback)
More updates as we get it.