U Mobile has refreshed their current prepaid plan. New U Mobile prepaid users now can enjoy SMS for free in addition to the current Free Calls within the U Mobile network.
Every RM 1 top up will allow subscribers to be eligible for 1 Day of Free SMS. To get 20 free SMS, all users need to do is use 6 SMS in a day. However the free SMS promotion is not applicable to current U Mobile prepaid subscribers.
As for the Free Calls, new U Mobile Prepaid subscribers will not be charged for calls within the network from 12:00am to 6:59:59pm, up to maximum free 60 minutes daily. For users who exceed the free 6o minutes or calls during 7pm – 11.59pm, call chargers of 3 cents every 30 seconds(9sen/min) applies. Current U Mobile Prepaid subscribers will continue to enjoy the free calls all day long subject to a maximum 60 minutes a day.
- U Mobile customers who subscribe to the prepaid plan beginning 20 January will enjoy free SMS as part of the package. Subscribers of prepaid plans before the mentioned date are not entitled to the free SMS promotion, but will continue to enjoy all-day free calls.
- Customers under U Mobile’s new prepaid offering will enjoy 20 free SMS for every 6 SMS sent, with a threshold of 1,000 free SMS per day. Standard SMS rate at 3sen per on-net SMS applies to all SMS sent upon exhausting the 1,000 free SMS quota.
- No subscription is required for the free SMS promotion. U Mobile new prepaid plan subscribers can enjoy the benefits as they continue to send on-net SMS.
- Users will receive a notification via text message after the 3rd and 6th on-net SMS sent to alert them of the free SMS being credited for their usage.
- Free SMS cannot be carried forward to the next day as it resets on a daily basis. Hence, unused free SMS will be forfeited at 12am.
- U Mobile free calls promotion is valid for voice calls within U Mobile network with no limit to the amount of U Mobile numbers a user can call.
- U Mobile’s free call promotion within the new prepaid offering is time based; where daily free call is timed from 00:00am to 6:59:59pm, subject to Fair Usage Policy of 60mins a day. Calls during peak hours from 7pm – 11.59pm are chargeable at a low rate of RM0.03/30sec.
- Customers can start using their free call upon receiving “free calls” SMS notification.
- Free calls counter resets at 12am daily. Therefore, free calls cannot be carried forward to the next day.
- The time-based free call system does not apply to U Mobile customers who subscribed to U Mobile prepaid plan before 20 January 2012. They can continue to enjoy free calls all day long, subject to Fair Usage Policy of 60mins a day.
In a statement, Dr. Kaizad Heerjee, Chief Executive Officer of U Mobile said, “This new offering is an extension to our hugely successful free calls campaign launched in July 2011. Now, in addition to making free calls, our customers will also be able to enjoy sending free SMS. We’re delighted to be able to continuously provide exciting new, value-add experiences to our customers by making everyday essentials such as voice calls and SMS extremely affordable via our innovative and unique prepaid plan,”
“As we usher in the Year of the Dragon, we want to encourage our customers to take advantage of the free SMS offering as it is a great way to foster closer relationships with their loved ones at home and abroad, in the spirit of unity,” he added.