The GSMA Global Mobile Awards 2012 awards presentation took place at the Mobile World Congress last night to recognize innovation, leadership, the best products among others in the mobile space.
The selection of winners involved more than 170 globally based judges from across the world, including many of the world’s leading journalists, analysts, academics and independent subject matter experts.
The complete GSMA Global Mobile Awards 2012- Winners List:
- Best Mobile App for Consumers- Rovio Entertainment Ltd. for Angry Birds Rio
- Best Mobile App for Enterprise- Citrix Systems for Citrix Receiver
- Judges’ Choice – Best Overall Mobile App- WhatsApp Inc. for WhatsApp
- Most Innovative Mobile App- SwiftKey
- Best Mobile Advertising & Marketing Campaign- Brandtone for Carling Black Label “Be the Coach”
- Innovation in Mobile Advertising- Poken for the leading CMS for NFC
- Mobile Marketing & Advertising Agency of the Year- [am.o.bee]
- Best Enterprise Mobile Service- Fiberlink for MaaS360
- Best Consumer Mobile Service- Google for Google Maps for Android
- Best Network Product or Solution for Serving Customers- Turkcell for Turkcell TiklaKonus
- Best Product, Initiative or Service for Underserved Segments- Safaricom for Grundfos
- mWomen Best Mobile Product or Service for Women in Emerging Markets- Etisalat, Qualcomm, D-Tree International and Great Connection Inc. for Etisalat Mobile Baby
- Best Use of Mobile in Emergency or Humanitarian Situations- UBL Omni for Transparent and Efficient Cash Disbursement Service after the 2009 IDPs Crisis and the 2010 Flood Crisis
- The Green Mobile Award- Flexenclosure for E-site
- Best Mobile Health Innovation- Etisalat, Qualcomm, D-Tree International and Great Connection Inc. for Etisalat Mobile Baby
- Best Mobile Innovation for Education or Learning- OnPoint Digital for CellCast Solution
- Best Mobile Innovation for Automotive, Transport or Utilities- Ford Motor Company Ltd. for Ford SYNC with Emergency Assistance
- Best Mobile Money Innovation- Etisalat, MasterCard and Oberthur Technologies for Etisalat Commerce
- Best Mobile Innovation for Publishing- Financial Times and Assanka for The Financial Times Web App
- Best Smartphone- Samsung for Samsung Galaxy S II
- Best Feature Phone or Entry Level Phone- Nokia for Nokia C3-00
- Device Manufacturer of the Year- Samsung
- Best Mobile Tablet- Apple for Apple iPad 2
- Best Embedded Mobile Device (Non-Handsets)- AT&T for Garmin GTU 10
- Best Mobile Broadband Technology- KT for KT’s Premium WiFi Solution
- Best Infrastructure Technology- Alcatel-Lucent for lightRadio Network
- Best Technology Breakthrough- Vodafone Group PLC for Quad Rate Technology: An Evolved Path Doubling the Efficiency of Mobile Voice
- Best Cloud Based Technology- Appcelerator for Titanium Integrated Development Platform
- Best Technology Product or Solution for Safeguarding and Empowering Customers- Cloudmark for Cloudmark Mobile Messaging Security Suite
- GSMA Chairman’s Award- Joint Winners KDDI, NTT DOCOMO, INC. and SOFTBANK MOBILE
- Government Leadership Award- Government of the Republic of Colombia
While the majority of categories are voted on and decided by independent journalists, specialist analysts and academics – experts in each of their fields – one category, the “Best Technology Breakthrough Category” is judged by 16 mobile network CTOs, equivalent CTOs and their teams.
The ‘Best Mobile App for Consumers’, and ‘Best Mobile App for Enterprise’, as part of the Best Apps category, is based on a combination of market statistics and success of apps downloaded in 2011 across the world’s leading app stores, and data is kindly provided by leading Apps market analyst, Distimo. The categories for ‘Best Overall Mobile App’ and ‘Most Innovative Mobile App’ are voted on by a panel of expert independent judges.
Cherie Blair was among the judging panel for the the new award category- ‘Best Mobile Product or Service for Women in Emerging Markets’.
The GSMA’s Global Mobile Awards offer organisations across the global mobile eco-system (including all converging vertical sectors) the opportunity to showcase the latest and best mobile products, apps, services and initiatives to the world. The Awards are open to all eligible mobile companies, and supporters of the mobile eco-system – GSMA Members, Associate Members and Non-members – as defined in the individual category eligibility descriptions.
[Source]– Global Mobile Awards