Last week, Malaysia-based start up company DMD Mobile Sdn Bhd unveiled its M3 Android Smartphone Communicator which will be available starting April.
The smartphone, also called the M3 Communicator will cost RM500 or less and it will run Google’s Android OS and comes with a built-in Near Field Communications(NFC) chip. The NFC chip allows the phone to be used as contactless smartcard and electronic wallet.
Specifications of the M3 Communicator:
- 3G(810/2100Mhz), 2G(850/900/1800/1900Mhz)
- 650Mhz processor
- Android 2.3.5 OS with Hub Interface (Upgradeable to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 512MB onboard memory, 256MB RAM
- 2.6″ QVGA capacitive touchscreen
- 3MP camera with LED Flash
- Bluetooth 4.0/NFC/AGPS/WiFi/WiFi-Hotspot/FM Radio/Micro-SD card slot
- Battery: 1150 mAh
DMD Mobile told the media that it is working with at least two mobile operators in the country to offer the M3 Communicator with a mobile plan. This mobile plan will cost RM10 per month will give users unlimited chat, social networking and email. The company is targeting the prepaid market.
[Website]– DMD Mobile
P.s: MalaysianWireless believes that the mobile operators are Maxis & DiGi but we have yet to obtain any further details. Stay tuned for more updates as we move closer to April.