Online security vendor, Avira has just released Avira Free Mac Security, available as a free download for all Mac owners.
Features of Avira Free Mac Security include:
- Geeks Go Incognito – A simple user interface that shields the casual user from configurations and complexity they may not want, but still lets power users dig deeper.
- One-Click Repair – It answers the question, ‘Is my Mac secure or not?’ and lets users click a ‘Secure My Mac Now’ button to restore optimum protection levels.
- Integrated Scheduler – Set it and forget it. Our scheduler keeps your Mac scanned regularly and updated automatically.
- Real-Time Protection – Avira Free Mac Security is constantly on guard. Every file accessed by the user and the system is silently inspected so that no infected file sneaks in between system scans.
- Multi-Talented Scanning – Different scan profiles allow checking typical malware hideouts, the full system or individually selected files and folders to determine the system bill of health.
- A United Front Against Malware – Although Mac is less vulnerable to viruses, users collaborate with PCs, mobile devices and other hardware. Empowering each Mac with Avira’s antivirus expertise optimizes the overall security of any network.
- Time-Saving Remote Management – The Avira Management Console (AMC) lets businesses install, configure, monitor and update network security from a single server, whether the endpoints are PC, Windows servers or UNIX servers or workstations. This console will soon be available for Mac as well.
Avira Free Mac Security comes fully licensed for consumers and businesses, and the software is automatically updated. Businesses can also centrally manage the software via Avira Management Console (requires a separate license file that will be available from Avira soon).
Avira Free Mac Security requires MacOS 10.6(Snow Leopard) or 10.7(Lion) and is available now for download in both English and German.
[Download]– Avira Free Mac Security