A new 24/7 business channel was made available on Telekom Malaysia’s HyppTV last week. Malaysia’s first local business television channel, Capital TV, the first of its kind, is 24-hr daily business channel and will be broadcasted in full HD exclusively on HyppTV Channel 127.
[Dato’ Joseph Salang, Deputy Minister ofInformation, Communication and Culture, Noor Azman Yusof, Chief ExecutiveOfficer, The Capital and Jeremy Kung,Executive Vice President, New Media, TM]
Capital TV was launched last Thursday by Y.B. Dato’ Joseph Salang, Deputy Minister of Information, Communication and Culture. Also present at the event were Dato’ Capt. A. Sufian, Chairman, Online Dynamics, Noor Azman Yusof, CEO of The Capital and Jeremy Kung, Executive Vice President, New Media, TM.
The Capital has been on air since its soft launch in December 2011 focusing on in-depth and balanced coverage of all aspects of the business and financial world in Malaysia and the region.
According to Noor Azman Yusof, the channel is a niche channel for individuals of all ages who are interested in the business and financial industries, both locally and regionally.
The Capital’s anchor programme is its news content called Capital Update which provides the latest market update live everyday at 6PM. The Capital also produces several magazine programmes in-house such as Enterprise, Business Game, MoneyTalks, Persona and BrainStorm. (see brief overview of programmes below):
- Enterprise – The road to success is not always rosy. Get to know the creation of a successful entrepreneur. Their highs and lows behind their success and invaluable insights to turn a small medium business to a money making machine.
- Business Game – We look at how today sports industry is becoming fast growing industry in Malaysia. Discussing a host of topics comprising ticket sales, marketing, social media, corporate sponsorship, fan loyalty, brand management, sports media.
- MoneyTalks – Your personal finance at its best. Gain tips and knowledge of how best to manage your personal finance. Start from diversifying your investment portfolio and learn best practices for prudent decisions.
- Persona – Captains of the industry at your doorstep. Get up close and personal with business figures and see beyond their personality as an icon that make everyday headlines. Find out about their favourite hobbies, hangout spots and what they do in their past time.
- BrainStorm – This program dissects and makes you think out of the box, bringing clarity to a number of issues within the same scope of topic every week. It is a must watch for industry stakeholders and aspiring entrepreneurs.
The channel is produced and owned by Online Dynamics (M) Sdn Bhd, a bumiputera media group that has been in operation since 2001.
Capital TV is only available via UniFi’s HyppTV and can be purchased on an ‘ala carte’ basis at RM3 per month.