For the past month, most readers have been asking us this question- When the new iPad(3) will be available in Malaysia?
We know a lot of you are expecting an update from us on this topic since our last post in March, so here’s the latest rumour from MalaysianWireless. We have reasons to believe that the new iPad may be available in Malaysia starting 21st April 2012.
Previously, we mentioned on our Facebook page that the new Apple iPad will be available starting May but we just found out that only the mobile operators(Maxis, Celcom, DiGi) will offer it starting May. As for 21st April, we believe that the new iPad(3) will be available via Apple Premium Resellers in Malaysia such as Machines, Epic Center, MacStudio & Switch.
By the end of April, the new iPad should be available at all Apple Authorised Resellers such as Harvey Norman, Challenger, iStudy and others.
However do note that this is highly subject to change depending on Apple. We did received different launch dates previously and somehow we got a feeling that Apple is trying to trace our source(:P)…but that’s our problem.
We are still maintaining our price prediction for the new iPad(3) in Malaysia as posted previously on MalaysianWireless:
The WiFi version of the new iPad will cost:
- 16GB- $499 (the price that we estimate in Malaysia- RM1499)
- 32GB- $599 (the price that we estimate in Malaysia- RM1799)
- 64Gb- $699 (the price that we estimate in Malaysia- RM2099)
The 4G/3G versions will cost:
- 16GB- $629 (the price that we estimate in Malaysia- RM1899)
- 32GB- $729 (the price that we estimate in Malaysia- RM2199)
- 64Gb- $829 (the price that we estimate in Malaysia- RM2499)
No official announcement from Apple yet but stay tuned to MalaysianWireless, your most trusted source for mobile news!
P.s: Thanks to @ShibliVision for the tip!