Telekom Malaysia(TM) was named the Best Broadband Carrier at the 15th Telecom Asia Awards(2012) last night. TM is one of the 11 award-winning companies from across the Asia-Pacific region that walked away with their trophies in a ceremony at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Bangkok.
Telekom Malaysia was recently awarded Service Provider of the Year at 2012 Frost & Sullivan Malaysia Excellence Awards.
The full winners list of the 2012 Telecom Asia Awards are as below:
- Best Asian Telecom Carrier – SingTel
- Telecom CEO of the Year – Napoleon Nazareno (Smart Communications)
- Best Mobile Carrier – SK Telecom
- Best Broadband Carrier – Telekom Malaysia
- Best Regional Mobile Group – SingTel
- Best Managed Services Provider – BT Global Services
- Best International Wholesale Carrier – Pacnet
- Best Emerging Market Carrier – Smart Communications
- Best Community Telecom Project– Smart Communications (for SHINE)
- Most Innovative Telecom Project – KDDI (for A-Fund)
- Best Cloud-based Service – Verizon Enterprise Solutions
Per Dahlberg, chairman of the judging panel, said the awards recognize achievement and leadership in Asian telecommunications, with an emphasis on innovation and financial performance.
“The telecom industry in Asia is facing considerable challenges. With a slowdown in revenue growth and tighter margins, operators have to improve efficiency and control costs within their businesses while creating innovative, non-price advantages over the competition.
“Tonight’s winners were chosen because they’ve demonstrated the ability to balance effective management with creating new opportunities for themselves and to execute on it. I congratulate the winners of this year’s awards. I also thank the members of the judging panel for their hard work and their insights into Asian telecom markets,” Dahlberg said.