Research In Motion (RIM) yesterday unveiled its BlackBerry 10 platform at the BlackBerry World conference(May 1-3) in Orlando, Florida and released the initial developer toolkit for native and HTML5 software development.
On the first day of the event, RIM presented the official developer alpha device for the QNX-based BlackBerry 10 platform. The device features a 4.2-inch 1280x768px display, 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, a microSIM slot and a mini-HDMI port. It looks like a smaller version of the BlackBerry PlayBook.
BlackBerry 10 Alpha Dev Specs:
- OS: BlackBerry 10 Developer Preview V 10.0.4.197.
- Display: 4.2-inch 1280×768 HD LCD (356dpi) touch screen.
- Storage: 16GB Internal.
- Network: Quad Band HSPA+, No LTE support enabled. microSIM.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, NFC
- Cameras: Front Facing with no flash. Rear Camera with Flash.
- Ports: 3.5MM Headphone Jack, microHDMI
- Battery: Non-Removable.
Some picture and video sneak peak video below: