In a media invite to MalaysianWireless today, Samsung Malaysia said that the “most awaited Android smartphone for 2012 is here“. Next week on the 24th of May, the electronics giant is expected to announce the local availability of the Samsung Galaxy S III in Malaysia.
Official details aside, we are excited to be the first in the world and in Malaysia(:P) to unofficially announce the Retail Price of the Samsung Galaxy S3 in Malaysia- RM2199.
The Galaxy S3 is rumoured to be available in Singapore sometime at the end of this month. At the moment, launch details in Malaysia are top secret and all of our source have refused to share any details.
But for the sake of our readers, we got this piece of information for you- The Samsung Galaxy S3 will be available by the end of this month in Malaysia!
We are expecting all the telcos including DiGi, Maxis & Celcom to offer the Galaxy S3.
Stay tuned as we bring you more insiders as it becomes available to us, only on MalaysianWireless! In the mean time, check out the Samsung Galaxy SIII specifications below:
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz, 4G-LTE (market dependent)
- 4.8? 16M-color HD (720 x 1280 pixels) Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 2, TouchWiz 4.0 UI
- Dimensions/Weight: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm/133 g
- Quad-core 32nm ARM Cortex A9 1.4 GHz processor, Exynos 4212 Quad chipset, GPU: Mali-400MP
- RAM: 1GB, Memory: 16/32/64GB storage, microSD card slot
- Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 8 megapixel auto-focus camera with face detection, touch focus and image stabilization; Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps, LED flash. 1.9MP front facing camera, video-calls
- HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0+HS, standard microUSB port, GLONASS/GPS SatNav receiver, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio, TV-out, USB-on-the-go, NFC
- Battery: 2100 mAh
[21 May, 11pm-Update 1]- We received word from our good friend close to Samsung Malaysia that the Malaysia launch for the S III is taking place on the 31st-May.