The much-awaited Samsung Galaxy S III was announced today. Samsung said that the Galaxy S III is “designed for humans and inspired by nature”.
According to Samsung, the Galaxy S III smart enough to detect your face, voice and motion. There are about 6 sensors on the Samsung Galaxy S III to do just that.
With the ‘Smart stay’ feature, the Galaxy S III recognizes how you are using your phone – reading an e-book or browsing the web for instance – by having the front camera identify your eyes; the phone maintains a bright display for continued viewing pleasure.
There’s also ‘S Voice,’ an advanced natural language user interface, to listen and respond to your words. In addition to allowing information search and basic device-user communication, S Voice allows device control and commands. When your phone alarm goes off but you need a little extra rest, just tell the Galaxy S III “snooze.” You can also use S Voice to play your favorite songs, turn the volume up or down, send text messages and emails, organize your schedules, or automatically launch the camera and capture a photo.
If you are messaging someone but decide to call them instead, simply lift your phone to your ear and ‘Direct call’ will dial their number. With ‘Smart alert,’ the Galaxy S III will also save you from trouble by catching any missed messages or calls; your phone will vibrate to notify missed statuses when picked up after being idle.
Samsung Galaxy SIII specifications:
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz, 4G-LTE (market dependent)
- 4.8″ 16M-color HD (720 x 1280 pixels) Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 2, TouchWiz 4.0 UI
- Dimensions/Weight: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm/133 g
- Quad-core 32nm ARM Cortex A9 1.4 GHz processor, Exynos 4212 Quad chipset, GPU: Mali-400MP
- RAM: 1GB, Memory: 16/32/64GB storage, microSD card slot
- Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 8 megapixel auto-focus camera with face detection, touch focus and image stabilization; Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps, LED flash. 1.9MP front facing camera, video-calls
- HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0+HS, standard microUSB port, GLONASS/GPS SatNav receiver, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio, TV-out, USB-on-the-go, NFC
- Battery: 2100 mAh
The Samsung Galaxy S3 will be available in Europe first starting May 29 before rolling out into other markets such as Malaysia. Samsung said that the LTE version will be available in the US from June on-wards. No pricing has been announced yet.
Samsung Galaxy S III Gallery & Hands on Video below: