A couple hours ago, Apple announced its new iOS 6 mobile operating system for iPhones and iPads at the Worldwide Developers Conference 2012(WWDC) in San Francisco, US. The new iOS6 is getting a makeover and includes some 200 new user features.
Some of the new and improved features in Apple iOS6:
- Siri- Available on the iPad. It can now answer real-world questions about sports, movies, restaurants and more. Partnerships with Toyota, GM, Mercedes, BMW, Honda, Audi to be installed in the steering wheel, responding to spoken alerts without lighting up the screen (to be completed within the next year). Siri can now launch apps and tweet(Twitter). Siri will also support more languages in its coming version, including Mandarin, two forms of Cantonese, French, German for Switzerland, and Korean.
- Facebook Integration In iOS6- Single sign-on integration allow easy sharing of apps, movies, tv shows and more.
- Safari- New iCloud tab for syncing tabs with desktop safari. New offline reading feature and capability to upload photos directly to websites.
- New Passbook app in iOS6- keeps all of the boarding passes for flights, movie tickets and loyalty cards in one place, among others.
- Facetime- Video calling now works over a 3G or 4G connection, apart from WiFi.
- The ability to share photo streams
- The option to reply to the number that called you via text message, or even have your phone remind you later that you missed the call.
- New maps service for iOS.
- Do Not Disturb- a new feature that lets you effectively silence any incoming messages or calls, but will still remind you of them when you are awaken or available.
The beta for iOS 6 will go out to developers today, and will be available to consumers sometime later this year. The new iOS6 will work with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, as well as iPad 2 & the new iPad.
[Details]– Apple iOS6