The Motorola RAZR MAXX was launched in Malaysia yesterday and it will be priced at RM1688 in Malaysia.
[(From L-R) Andy Tan, CEO from Brightstar Malaysia and Ankur Bhandari, Country Manager, South East Asia, Mobile Devices, Motorola Mobility showcasing the Motorola RAZR MAXX and Motorola RAZR V respectively.]
The RAZR MAXX sports the iconic RAZR design, with the same sculpted face, diamond-cut aluminum accents with KEVLAR fibre for strength and scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass.
Specifications of the Motorola RAZR MAXX:
- Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 CPU; PowerVR SGX540 GPU; TI OMAP 4430 chipset
- 4.3″ Super AMOLED display with qHD (540 x 960 pixels) resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass
- 1GB RAM; 8GB built-in storage; 16GB microSD card included
- HSPA, WiFi, GPS/AGPS, Bluetooth 4.0,
- 8MP autofocus camera with LED flash, 1080p video recording, 1.3MP front-facing unit
- 3300 mAh battery, maximum 17.6 hours of talk-time, standby 607h
- Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread with Motorola’s proprietary UI; Upgradeable to Android 4.0 later
The handset maker said that the Motorola RAZR V will be available with Android 4.0 during the third quarter of the year, no price details yet. Specific availability information will be announced closer to the retail launch dates.
“RAZR is synonymous with design excellence and both Motorola RAZR MAXX and Motorola RAZR V reflect that,”said Robert van Tilburg, senior regional sales director, South Asia, Motorola Mobility.
“With its fantastic battery, Motorola RAZR MAXX is in a class of its own. Not only do you get everything you love about the Motorola RAZR, but now you get the power to last through marathon calls, hours of surfing the Web, or streaming movies. You’ll drop long before this phone ever does. With Motorola RAZR V, we’ve created the perfect smartphone for stylish, smart and tech-savvy consumers who want great looks, great performance and great value.”