The MyTeksi service for mobile users was officially launched yesterday allowing Malaysians to book for a taxi via mobile applications and SMS.
The MyTeksi mobile app works on iOS(Apple iPhones/iPads) and Android devices. The application can be downloaded for free. Below are the steps of using the mobile app:
- If you’re a first time user, sign up with your username and password to receive information on future updates and promotions.
- The app auto-detects your location (you’ll need to enable Location Services).
- Alternatively, drag the map and position the blue pin on your exact pick-up location. You can also manually type in the address in the Address bar at the bottom.
- Repeat the procedure for destination. You can drag the map and position the green pin on your drop-off point, or search for your destination by tapping on the Address bar.
- You can also search for your desired drop-off location by clicking on the address bar at the bottom and manually searching the address.
- Key in any remarks/requests/tips and tap “Book Now”.
- Confirm your booking.
- Your taxi booking will be confirmed within 3 minutes.
- You’ll then receive details about your confirmed taxi booking.
For bookings via SMS, just send an SMS to 36881 with the following information (standard SMS charges apply):
TEKSI<space>Pick-up Address<space>#Drop-off Address<space>#Remarks
Example: Teksi Jaya33 PJ #Mid Valley #Waiting at lobby
Passengers using the MyTeksi iOS and Android app will enjoy a RM2 waiver on their standard taxi booking fee until 30 June 2012. The fee is paid directly to the Taxi driver. There are about 120 Taxis currently available in the Klang Valley, and can be booked 24-7, 365 days.
MyTeksi Mobile Taxi Hailing service is powered by Maxis’ Machine-to-Machine (M2M) technology and leverages on Maxis 3G and 2G network in Malaysia. According to the company, major taxi companies, associations, and cooperatives, besides Comfort Taxi are already in the process of testing the MyTeksi solution.
Visit MyTeksi.com to learn more.