The Nokia Lumia 900 will be priced between RM1700-RM1800 in Malaysia and it will be available starting next Friday.
The Lumia 900 was announced at CES 2012 in January but wasn’t commercially available until April in the United States. At the time being, the Lumia 900 is available in Canada(since April), Singapore(since May), United Kingdom(since May) and expected to be available in Australia this month.
It is believed that a number of issues caused the delay of the Lumia 900 launch in Malaysia which was supposed to be weeks ago. The Nokia Lumia 900 experienced some software issues and bug since launched including connection issues which has been fixed, problem with the screen turning a purple hue in low light conditions(currently being fixed via an update), the camera button is not waking the phone up from its idle sleep state, loud volume issue when speaker volume is set low, issues when connected to Nokia Monster Purity headphones, among others.
However one major issue why the Lumia 900 launch was delayed is because the Windows Phone is selling too well in the US that Nokia could not cope with the demand thus the delayed launch in several countries including Malaysia.
We know Maxis is excited about the Lumia 900 since early this year and we think that DiGi would offer it as well(because they need something to sell other than its crappy network). As far as we know, Celcom has decided not to offer the Lumia 900 for now.
Specifications of the Nokia Lumia 900 below:
- Networks: GSM/EGSM 850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA 850/1900/2100, LTE Band 4 (1700/2100) & 17 (700)
- Processor: 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8055 + MDM9200
- OS: Windows Phone Release 7.5 – Mango Commercial Release 2 (Mango + LTE)
- Memory: 512MB RAM
- Storage: 16 GB internal memory (14.5GB user memory) + SkyDrive cloud storage
- Camera: 8MP with 28mm wide-angle F/2.2 lens, Front Camera: 1MP
- Weight: 160g (5.6 ounces)
- Dimensions: (max): 127.8 x 68.5 x 11.5 mm (5 x 2.7 x .45 inches)
- Others: A-GPS, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), USB 2.0 high-speed, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, 3mm headset connector
- Battery: 1840mAH, 7hrs talk-time and up to 300hrs on standby
P.s: We can’t give you the exact price of the Lumia 900 because Nokia Malaysia has yet to finalised it, but it will be in the price range mentioned above.