The Samsung Galaxy Note II was just officially announced at IFA 2012 in Berlin, Germany a few moments ago.
The new Note II is larger than the first Note as it features a 5.5” (140.9mm) HD Super AMOLED screen, perfect for watching HD videos. It comes with Air View which allows users to hover with the S Pen over an email, S Planner, image gallery, or video to preview the content without having to open it.
Samsung Galaxy Note II is powered by an Exynos 4 Quad processor that has quad-core CPU clocked at 1.6GHz, coupled with 2 GB of RAM and a powerful 3,100 mAh battery on board.
As for the S Pen, it has been improved according to Samsung. By simply pressing the dedicated S Pen button, the S Pen magically recognizes that users want to clip or edit the selected content on the screen. The Easy Clip feature allows users to instantly outline and crop any content on the screen in any shape to save, share or paste. Once done cropping the image, users can freely edit the cropped content through coloring, shading, or their own personal handwriting.
Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Note II below:
- Display- 5.5” HD Super AMOLED (1,280 x 720)
- 3G: HSPA? 21Mbps (HSDPA 21Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps), 4G LTE version: 100Mbps/ 50Mbps (HDSPA 42Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps)
- Processor- 1.6 GHz quad-core processor
- OS- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Memory- 16/32/64GB User memory ? 2GB (RAM), supports microSD (up to 64GB)
- Camera- Main(Rear): 8 Megapixel Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, BSI, Sub(Front): 1.9 Megapixel VT Camera, BSI
- Connectivity- Bluetooth v 4.0 (Apt-X Codec support) LE, USB 2.0 Host, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Wi-Fi HT40, Wi-Fi Direct, mHL, NFC
- Standard battery, Li-ion 3,100mAh
- Available in Marble White or Titanium Gray color options
- Dimension- 80.5 x 151.1 x 9.4 mm, 180 g
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 picture gallery:
No pricing has been revealed yet but Samsung said that the Galaxy Note II is set to launch in October starting in major European, Asian, and Middle East markets.
P.s: A little bird told MalaysianWireless that the Samsung Galaxy Note II will be made available in Malaysia.