Apple latest mobile operating system, the iOS6 is now available for download(including Malaysia).
Users of iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch(4th generation), iPod touch(5th generation), iPad 2 and the new iPad can now check for software update to receive the latest OS. As for the iPhone 5, it already comes pre-installed with the iOS 6.
The iOS6 was announced at the Worldwide Developers Conference 2012(WWDC) in June.
Below are some of the new features and enhancement in the much awaited iOS6:
- Siri- Also available on the iPad. It can now answer real-world questions about sports, movies, restaurants and more. Partnerships with Toyota, GM, Mercedes, BMW, Honda, Audi to be installed in the steering wheel, responding to spoken alerts without lighting up the screen (to be completed within the next year). Siri can now launch apps and tweet(Twitter). Siri will also support more languages in its coming version, including Mandarin, two forms of Cantonese, French, German for Switzerland, and Korean.
- Facebook Integration In iOS6- Single sign-on integration allow easy sharing of apps, movies, tv shows and more.
- Safari- New iCloud tab for syncing tabs with desktop safari. New offline reading feature and capability to upload photos directly to websites.
- New Passbook app in iOS6- keeps all of the boarding passes for flights, movie tickets and loyalty cards in one place, among others.
- Facetime- Video calling now works over a 3G or 4G connection, apart from WiFi.
- The ability to share photo streams
- The option to reply to the number that called you via text message, or even have your phone remind you later that you missed the call.
- New maps service for iOS.
- Do Not Disturb- a new feature that lets you effectively silence any incoming messages or calls, but will still remind you of them when you are awaken or available.
More details on the new features, visit this page.
The update is also available over the air where users can just perform the update on the phone without connecting their mobile device to their PC, however this can only be done on eligible devices. Users can also check for the update from their computer, and they will need the latest iTunes (v10.7) installed.