The Asus made Google Nexus 7 is now available in Malaysia. The 16GB model is priced at RM999.
Google officially unveiled the Nexus 7 tablet at the Google I/O Developer Conference in San Francisco in June.
The Nexus 7 is a WiFi tablet and it does not support 3G or GSM mobile services. It is powered by a Tegra 3 chipset, comes a 7? LCD screen with WXGA resolution and runs the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean mobile operating system.
Specifications of the Asus-Google Nexus 7 below:
- Display- 7″ 16M-color IPS TFT capacitive touchscreen of WXGA resolution (1280 x 800 pixels), scratch-resistant Corning glass
- Processor- NVIDIA Tegra 3 chipset: quad-core 1.3GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor; ULP GeForce GPU
- Memory- 8/16 GB storage, 1GB RAM
- Camera- 1.2 MP front-facing camera
- Operating System- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Connectivity- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth; Android Beam, GPS with A-GPS support, microUSB v2.0
- Dimension- 198.5 x 120 x 10.5 mm/ 34og
- Battery- 4235 mAh Li-Po battery
Unlike in the US, the $25 store credit(ends September 30) is not available with the Google Nexus 7 in Malaysia.
The Google Nexus 7 is now available via authorized dealers nationwide.