Huawei today announced that its flagship dual-core smartphone, the Huawei Ascend P1 is now available in Malaysia. It will be priced at RM1299.
[From Left: Mr Tang Siew Wai, Regional Marketing Director ; Mr Foo Sen Chin, Managing Director of ECS ICT Berhad; Mr Wong Wey Hwa, Country Director of Consumer Business, Huawei Device Malaysia; Mr Soong Jan Hsung, Executive Director, ECS ICT Berhad, and Mr. Dai Jing Yue, Managing Director, Huawei Malaysia]
It also announced the expansion of its device business through a new distribution partnership with ECS ICT Bhd (ECS) via its wholly-owned subsidiary ECS Astar Sdn Bhd, which will open up access to more than 3,000 resellers nationwide.
“The availability of the Ascend P1, which combines smart features and a sexy design, represents a significant milestone for Huawei Device. Furthermore, we are pleased to announce that it is the first 1.5GHz Dual-core smartphone (with Super AMOLED) with a Special Introductory Price of RM999 (Normal RRP: RM1,299)” said Wong Wey Hwa, Head of Consumer Business, Huawei Device Malaysia.
Key specifications of the Huawei Ascend P1:
- 7.7mm thin body
- 4.3″ 16M-color capacitive Super AMOLED touchscreen of qHD resolution (540 x 960 pixels) with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Android OS v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Quad-band GSM, 3G with HSPA support
- Dual-core 1.5GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, PowerVR SGX540 GPU, TI OMAP 4460 chipset
- 4GB of inbuilt storage (2.3GB user accessible)
- 8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash, Front facing camera, 1080p video recording @ 30fps
- Dolby Mobile 3.0 + 5.1 surround sound technology
- Wi-Fi b/g/n and DLNA, hotspot functionality, GPS with A-GPS, microSD slot up to 32GB, microUSB port and stereo Bluetooth v3.0
- 1670mAh battery
In response to a question from MalaysianWireless, Wong said that Huawei would focus in building more brand awareness online and would focus at bringing more Ascend series smartphones to Malaysia this year.
Wong said that its consumer business made a total of USD40million last year and currently employs about 2,000 people in Malaysia.
The Huawei Ascend P1 comes in metallic black and ceramic white. It is available now in the Klang Valley and soon nationwide within the next few weeks.