Research in Motion(RIM), now known as BlackBerry unveiled the first BB10 smartphones yesterday after much anticipation. The BlackBerry Z10 is the company’s 1st touchscreen BB10 smartphone while the BlackBerry Q10 is the first QWERTY BB10 device.
The BlackBerry Z10 comes with a 4.2 inch display with a resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels.
It is powered by RIM’s BlackBerry 10 OS and it features a dual-core Krait CPU at 1.5GHz and 2GB of RAM, there is also 16GB of built in storage, plus a microSD card slot that can take up to 64GB cards.
Specifications for the BlackBerry Z10:
- Display: 4.2″ diagonal, 15:9 aspect ratio, 1280 x 768 resolution, at 356 PPI, 24-bit colour depth
- OS: BlackBerry 10 OS
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon, Dual Core 1.5 GHz
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB Flash, Removable microSD memory card up to 64 GB
- Camera: 8 megapixel auto-focus camera, 5-element F2.2 lens, Flash, image stabilization, 5 x digital zoom, 1080p HD video recording, Time Shift mode for pinpointing and adjusting individual elements of your picture, 2 megapixel fixed-focus camera with 720p HD video recording
- Connectivity: Quad band 3G/2G, 21Mbps HSPA+, wiFi(802.11 a/b/g/n, 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz, Mobile Hotspot), Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (LE), AGPS, NFC, USB 2.0
- Battery: 1800mAH removable battery
- Dimension: 130×65.6x9mm/ 137.5g
The BlackBerry Z10 will launch in UK first followed by Canada on February 5 and US in March. In the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the BlackBerry Z10 will be available on February 10th at the retail price of AED 2,599 or an estimated RM2200.
The BlackBerry Z10 will be unveiled in Malaysia on February 20, stay tuned to MalaysianWireless for pricing and availability details.
The first BlackBerry 10 smartphone with a QWERTY keyboard is powered by the new BlackBerry 10 OS. It features a dual core 1.5GHz processor(TI OMAP 4470), 2GB of RAM and 16GB of built in storage. There is also a 3.1 inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 720 x 720 pixels.
BlackBerry said that the Q10 features a unique glass-weave material that is meant to be not only thinner and lighter, but stronger than plastic.
The Q10 has the same cameras on the Z10, plus other standard connectivity features. Pricing of the BlackBerry Q10 is not revealed yet while availability is scheduled for April in the US.
BlackBerry 10 Operating System
The new BlackBerry 10 operating now comes with BBM with Video Chat featuring screenshare, Time Shift Camera, BlackBerry Flow, the BlackBerry 10 Keyboard, and the BlackBerry Hub. More details here.
The BlackBerry 10 will launch with 70,000 mobile apps with commitments from leading companies such as Disney, Cisco, Foursquare, Skype and Rovio.